Skip to main content

1st semester reflection

Quality Of Work   I do not have a professional camera, but i make sure the pictures I take on my phone are in good quality. The composition and contrast in my photos are good and I make sure they are not blurry. I always have my work turned in on time, and put it in the proper format. The first semester, I had a hard time going beyond my first ideas. I thought that I had photos and no more were needed. That is something I want to work on in the second semester. I want to go above and beyond.

Effort    I try to take photos when I can, wherever I go. Whatever the setting, I am always taking pictures. However, when I take photos, I tend to only shoot the bare minimum. If a shot is hard to take, I always try to get it and if I can't then I won't bother with it anymore. When looking at other students artwork I always have a positive outlook and point out what I like about it. I feel like I tend to critique my own work more than other peoples. I see places where I messed up my photoshop and where I could have fixed small things, like lighting.

Participation    I am always on time for class, if not a few minutes early. I use my time wisely and make to sure to finish my projects in the given class times. Some times I tend to slack off and that is also something I wish to fix in the second semester. If I finish a project early in class, I look at my friends projects and see if they need help on anything.

Improvement    I have definitely improved since the beginning of the year. At the beginning, I had no idea had to work photoshop, but now I know all the basics and can complete all of my projects with no problem.

Adjustment    I want to try to expand my creativity and not rely on my first ideas. I also want to try to get harder shots and not give up on the first try. 




Suggestion - I think we should do an assignment where we photograph our day. On the weekend at every event you go to take  a picture and then put them into a collage.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fears

JUST FOR FUN

Nine Squares

Actions     Adjustments Filters  Original Photo

Cubism questions

Steps -      The photographer first had to choose a place to take his photos. Then he took his photos, and by looking at the image it looks as if he took multiple at different times of the day. Once he had his pictures he had to composite them all into one.        I would say between 50 and 100 pictures were used to make this image. The pictures were not taken at the same time of day as some are darker then others. In some of the squares there is a photoshop enhancement of fuzziness, as if the photographer wants those slightly blurred out. I noticed that the photographer tended to take the pictures from the same angle. All the pictures are pointing the same way as if the camera did not move.  Overall I think that this project was not an easy feat. From the looks of it, it appears to have taken quite a while to have pieced everything together. As well as add the photoshop enhancements and figure out which square fits well.